So how is Garcinia Cambogia Extracted?
Garcinia Cambogia is a fruit that comes from South and Central Asia. In cultures in this region this fruit is used as part of regular diet, helping people feel ‘fuller’ and adding a richness to local ethnic dishes. However, in our culture we don’t eat the Garcinia Cambogia fruit, but still see many of the same results that people claim it provides.
To get the weight loss effects that Garcinia Cambogia is known for, scientists have worked to extract the ingredients that are known for helping people lose weight. When Garcinia Cambogia is extracted in a supplement, it will usually have a concentrated dose of the extract and bring weight loss results more quickly.
How Does Garcinia Cambogia Work?
Garcinia Cambogia helps people lose weight because it’s full of the chemical hydroxycitric acid.
- Hydroxycitric acid is absorbed by the body which, causing the body to block carbohydrates from being absorbed which will help to promote weight loss.
- Some believe that taking supplements that contain hydroxycitric acid can also help speed up the metabolism so that your body will burn off stored fat as well.
- These supplements have also been associated with lowering the appetite so that you are less prone to over-eating or taking part in bad habits that can promote weight gain. As your metabolism boosts this will also give you more energy, making it easier for you to stay active and burn off calories.
Using supplements is more effective than eating the Garcinia Cambogia fruitbecause the hydroxycitric acid will be more concentrated. Generally speaking the higher levels of HCA that are in a supplement, the more effective it will be.
To make Garcinia Cambogia supplements scientists take the fruit and cook it down to isolate the hydroxycitric acid.
- Supplements will add a different amount of hydroxycitric acid based on how strong they want their formula to be.
- Generally speaking, more the amount of HCA in a supplement, the more effective it will be so you will need to look for brands that have made an effort to include as much of this acid as possible in their formula.
Extracting hydroxycitric acid can be a time consuming process but the supplements that include more of this chemical will offer better weight loss effects, making them well worth the price.