Garcinia Cambogia Case Studies
Garcinia Cambogia has been found to assist the body with weight loss by affecting a system which is known as endogenous lipid biosynthesis. A chemical known as hydroxycitric acid or HCA, which is available in very high doses in the Garcinia Cambogia plant, helps to block the enzyme called citrate lyase in the body, which is used to convert the foods we eat into fat that is stored for energy use later.
There have been several Garcinia Cambogia case studies performed with a view to proving its weight loss benefits. Case studies on Garcinia Cambogia have been performed on animals and humans which usually show consistent results. These studies have been the basis for most marketing endeavors surrounding Garcinia Cambogia.
The Safety of using Garcinia Cambogia for Weight Loss
There have been several studies that have been conducted to determine how safe it is to take Garcinia Cambogia supplements to lose weight.
- In these studies randomized groups of humans or animals were either given a Garcinia Cambogia supplement or a placebo. They used a controlled diet to make sure there were no other variables that would affect their health or weight loss.
- It has been shown consistently that this supplement makes both animals and people lose weight without causing any dangerous side effects. Their bodies also didn’t show any signs of toxicity when they were examined later.
The main criticism of this study is that no subjects were tested after a 12 week period. However, many people have been known to be using Garcinia Cambogia supplements for several years and there have not been any reported deaths or illnesses tracing back to this wonder supplement for weight loss.
Results of the Garcinia Cambogia Case Studies
People taking part in the study which is usually used to defend the effects of Garcinia Cambogia consistently reported similar results throughout.
- People using the Garcinia Cambogia supplement for 12 weeks lost around 1.6 percent of their body fat throughout the study. Generally speaking, women have been found to lose more weight than men. Weight loss averaged at around 2 pounds a week.
- The placebo group also lost weight but the additional effects of Garcinia Cambogia implied that this could be more effective in boosting short term weight loss. Those using the supplement reported fewer hunger cravings, which made it easier to cut back on portions and eat healthier foods without feeling like they were missing out on something.
- Many also saw improved energy levels, which made it easier to get exercise that could help them meet their long-term weight loss goals.
It is important to remember that everyone taking part in the Garcinia Cambogia case studies went on a low carbohydrate, high protein diet as a way to remove outliers that could affect the results. Most manufacturers of the Garcinia Cambogia supplement say you don’t actually need to change your diet or exercise level to see results. However, in most cases your results will be accelerated and improved if you do start making healthier choices.