Eggplant Parmesan Bake
0 hrs: 45 min
8 Makes / Serves
- 3 eggplant, sliced thinly
- 2 beaten eggs
- 4 cup italian breadcrumbs
- 6 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
A no-fry variation of a popular favorite! Just as delicious without the extra calories from frying.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Dip eggplant slices in egg, then in bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes on each side.
3. In a medium baking dish spread tomato sauce to cover the bottom. Place a layer of eggplant slices in the sauce. Add mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Add in remaining ingredients, finishing with cheese, then sprinkle basil on top layer.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until cheese is golden.