Pesto Chicken Florentine
0 hrs: 45 min
5 Makes / Serves
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 package dry alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoon pesto
- 1 cup dry penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon grated romano cheese
Creamy, healthy chicken florentine with basil pesto sauce, a delicious combination that you would never know is so healthy!
1. Heat oil in a covered skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add chicken and cook for 6 to 7 minutes on each side. When chicken is close to being cooked through (juices run clear), add spinach and saute all together for 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Prepare Alfredo sauce according to package directions. Stir in 2 Tablespoons Pesto, set aside for use later.
3. Cook pasta in lightly salted water for 8 to 10 minutes (until al dente.) Rinse under cold water and drain.
4. Add ingredients together in covered skillet. Mix well, top with cheese and serve.